Energy drinks are a convenient way to increase alertness. Many people find energy drinks are best consumed before work, exercise, studying, or as a mid-day pick-me-up.
That said, some energy drinks contain too much sugar and calories, which can do more harm than good. That’s where sugar-free energy drinks come into play.
Read this guide to learn more about the benefits of switching to sugar-free energy drinks.
Table of Contents
- When Were Energy Drinks Invented?
- What Are Energy Drinks?
- Sugar-Free Energy Drinks
- Are Energy Drinks Bad for You?
- How Long Do Energy Drinks Last?
- How Do Energy Drinks Affect Your Body?
- What Is the Healthiest Sugar-Free Energy Drink?
- Shop Sugar-Free Energy Drinks Today at Nutrition Faktory
When Were Energy Drinks Invented?
Did you know that energy drinks date all the way back to 1949? This all started with a soft drink called Dr. Enuf—a lemon-lime flavored drink that consisted of B Vitamins, sugar, and caffeine. In 1962, Japan invented an even stronger energy drink called Lipovitan. This energizing tonic contained an ingredient called taurine, which is the ingredient you see in most mainstream energy drinks today.
Many people were not fond of the calories that come from the added sugar in energy drinks. However, this all changed when Red Bull launched its sugar-free alternative in 2003.
What Are Energy Drinks?
Energy drinks are beverages that consist of stimulant compounds like caffeine. Other ingredients found in energy drinks include taurine, guarana, ginseng, B vitamins, creatine, and glucuronolactone.
Sugar-Free Energy Drinks
Benefits of Sugar-Free Energy Drinks
Sugar-free energy drinks are much healthier than energy drinks containing sugar because they are lower in calories and carbohydrates. This makes them a desirable choice for those who lift weights because the added B vitamins, taurine, and creatine will supply the energy-boosting effects without leading to weight gain.
Top Sugar-Free Energy Drink Brands
Here are the most popular sugar-free energy drinks you can find here at Nutrition Faktory:
Alani Nu RTD
- Looking for a refreshing energy boost without the excessive caffeine? Look no further than Alani Nu Energy RTD. This delicious energy drink offers a variety of unique flavors to satisfy your taste buds. With zero grams of sugar and 200 milligrams of caffeine per can, it's the ideal choice for those seeking a balanced and invigorating beverage. Whether you need an extra pick-me-up during a busy workday or before hitting the gym, Alani Nu Energy RTD is here to deliver. Say hello to your new go-to energy drink: Alani Nu Energy RTD.
Ghost Energy RTD
- Ghost Energy Drink is a popular brand of energy drinks known for its unique flavors and branding. It is a beverage designed to provide an energy boost and increase alertness. Ghost Energy Drink stands out from other energy drinks with its eye-catching packaging and distinct flavors.
- CBUM Energy Drink is a new energy drink brand created by Chris Bumstead, a professional bodybuilder and social media influencer with the help of Raw Nutrition. The drink is aims to provide energy and focus without the jitters or crash associated with other energy drinks. It contains 112mg of caffeine and zero sugar. CBUM Energy Drink is available in three flavors: Cherry Frost, Blue Raspberry, and Tropical Punch.
JST WRK Energy
3D Energy Drink
- 3D Energy is a popular brand of energy drinks known for its vibrant and eye-catching designs, created by Christian Guzman. It is a beverage that aims to provide a boost of energy, focus, and alertness. 3D Energy offers a range of flavors to cater to different preferences and tastes. 3D Energy drinks typically contain a moderate amount of caffeine along with other ingredients such as taurine, B-vitamins, and amino acids.
Kill Cliff Ignite RTD
- Kill Cliff Ignite is an energy drink that provides a boost of energy and focus. It's popular amongst individuals who lead an active lifestyle and participate in fitness and sports activities. Kill Cliff Ignite is known for its unique formulation and functional ingredients. Kill Cliff Ignite contains a moderate amount of caffeine derived from natural sources such as green tea extract. It also includes electrolytes to support hydration and B-vitamins to help with energy metabolism. The drink is low in calories and sugar, making it a popular choice for those who want an energy boost without excessive sugar intake. One notable aspect of Kill Cliff Ignite is that it is made without artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners. It is available in various flavors to cater to different preferences.
Are Energy Drinks Bad for You?
There are a lot of negative perceptions surrounding the topic of energy drinks. This began after a caffeinated alcoholic beverage called Four Loko went on the market in 2005. The drink led to numerous hospitalizations among college students, so the added stimulants in the drink were eventually removed in 2010.
Consuming standard energy drinks (that do not contain alcohol) in moderation is safe for healthy adults, but in excess could lead to unpleasant or even dangerous side effects.
How Long Do Energy Drinks Last?
Energy drinks last 4-6 hours. However, your weight, age, activity level, and amount of caffeine consumed can alter how long it stays in your system.
How Do Energy Drinks Affect Your Body?
The stimulant compounds in energy drinks cause heightened levels of alertness, physical activity, and improved mood. Excessive consumption can lead to negative effects like jitteriness, anxiety, high blood pressure, and high heart rate.
What Is the Healthiest Sugar-Free Energy Drink?
Bang Energy, Red Bull Zero, BAI, Monster Ultra, and Matcha Love are some of the healthiest sugar-free energy drink brands. Though, it all comes down to your specific preferences.
Shop Sugar-Free Energy Drinks Today at Nutrition Faktory
Overall, sugar-free energy drinks are a much better alternative to energy drinks with sugar. Kickstart your day with the energy you need minus the excess calories and jitters.
If you’re ready to shop for the best sugar-free energy drinks, Nutrition Faktory has got you covered.
Browse through our selection of energy drinks today or contact us for more information.