NutraBio Micellar Casein 2lb
NutraBio Micellar Casein 2lbVisit the NutraBio store
Order Before 2pm for Same Day Shipping
Questions? Chat Live with our Product Specialist
Fast Shipping (Normally 2-3 Days)
What you need to know
Features of NutraBio Micellar Casein Slow Digesting Anti-Catabolic Protein Sustained Release for Prolonged Amino Acid Delivery Each serving packed with 5 Grams of BCAAs and 5 Grams of Glutamine. 100% Micellar Casein with NO inferior caseinate blended in. Ultimate Nighttime Protein 100% Slow Digesting Micellar Casein Protein - No inferior caseinate added. NutraBio Micellar Casein has a slow absorption rate into the bloodstream, which provides a steady stream of amino acids to muscle cells over 4-6 hours. This ensures positive nitrogen retention in muscles for much longer periods compared to whey protein. Casein is best taken at night or in combination with whey protein isolate after workouts to help provide sustained amino acid delivery during the two most crucial times of muscle growth: during sleep and post-training. NutraBio's Micellar Casein is a complete protein that supplies all of the essential amino acids in the amounts necessary for muscle growth and maintenance. Because of their unique time-released qualities, Caseins are considered anti-catabolic or muscle-protecting proteins. Micellar Casein - Slow Digesting Protein Source: Slow digesting Micellar Casein (pronounced kay-seen) is a complete protein that supplies all of the essential amino acids in the amounts necessary for muscle growth and maintenance. One serving of NutraBio Casein provides a complete serving of muscle building BCAA's and glutamine/glutamine precursors while maintaining a low fat, low carb profile. Rapid protein release, characteristic of whey protein, is desirable immediately before and after exercise to help refuel recovering muscles. But delayed digestion and absorption may be more beneficial at other times - including bedtime when your body typically goes for hours without food. Micellar Casein protein is digested at a slower rate than its counterpart whey protein causing a slower release of amino acids into the blood stream. Sometimes slower is better. Casein proteins are PH sensitive causing them to thicken in the acidic environment of the stomach. The ability of this protein to form a gel in the gut slows down its digestion allowing for a steady release of amino acids for up to 7 full hours after ingestion. This slow release of nutrients can feed your muscles with protein and amino acids for hours! Because of their unique time-released qualities, caseins are considered anti-catabolic or muscle-protecting proteins. Casein protein is the predominant protein found in milk. It makes up about 80% of the protein in cow's milk, while the remaining 20% of protein in milk is whey. Casein protein is extracted from the milk through ultra-filtration process, without the use of chemicals. This process increases the amount of bioactive milk peptides that support immune function as well as enhance muscle growth. Casein protein has an excellent amino acid profile and is primarily known as an extremely slow-digesting protein.